Secure Your place: Rekey Lock Systems in Toronto
Often, it comes as a surprise to people that it’s not generally necessary to entirely replace a lock. Sometimes rekeying a lock can have the same impact as replacing the lock, but for a fraction of the cost. If you’re looking for a professional locksmith to rekey a lock in Toronto, Safe-Guard Locksmiths Ltd. is here for you.
It is even more recommended if you have just moved into a new apartment, house or office. Along with thinking about the colour of walls and furniture, there are other things to do when you first move into the new apartment-rekeying locks. It is because many people can have the key to your new home or business. Rekeying will help you secure your place. For rekey lock service in Toronto, get in touch with us. We will be happy to help you.
What Is Lock Rekeying?
The term ‘rekeying’ refers to the change of tumblers in the lock cylinder to stop a set of older keys from opening it. Post-rekeying, the existing locks accept only the new key set. Lock rekeying is ideal for:
- New homebuyers who want to ensure the former owners and their friends and relatives no longer have access.
- New tenants looking to ensure former tenants no longer have access.
- Property owners that have fired/released a maid or any other employee with access to their property before.
- People who have been separated from their spouse/partner.
- People that have lost their house/office keys.
- Landlords wanting to make a master key for their properties.
Do you match any of these categories? If yes, you need to rekey your lock today. Please contact us in case you have any questions.
When Should You Rekey Your Lock?
If you come across these situations, rekeying your locks is recommended:
Want to ensure your old key doesn’t work with the lock anymore.
Have moved to a completely new place but don’t know who else has the key before.
Lost a copy of your key and want to make your place safe.
Connect with our professional locksmith at Safe-Guard Locksmiths Ltd. We can provide high-quality rekeying service. One of our licensed team members will visit you to rekey your locks on the spot.
Rekeying Made Easy
If you have lost track of the number of copies of keys you have made, we can help. We offer affordable rekeying services. Rekeying is recommended for those who have rented a new home and are unaware of how many copies of your keys exist. Our rekeying services will help you ensure that the old keys no longer work in the lock. Call us today to book an appointment with our certified locksmiths in Toronto.
Benefits of Door Lock Rekeying
- Cost-effective option compared to total door lock replacement, especially when dealing with a number of them.
- Rekeying is a faster alternative to key replacement, and you will appreciate the expediency when you deal with multiple locks.
- Rekeying is more secure than lock replacements, as it allows you to monitor the distribution of the freshly cut keys.
- Rekeying is convenient as you do not need to carry many keys to open multiple locks. One key can be used for unlocking all the door locks to your office or home.
- Allows you to save money you would have spent on high-security locks.
- Helps you fix the minor security issues.
Check out our FAQs section.
Commercial Lock Rekeying
Rekeying is less expensive when compared to replacing your locks. If you wish to rekey your business, we are here for you. Our rekeying services will improve your building’s security by preventing unauthorized access to your property. We have the tools and expertise to rekey locks of any model. In addition to rekeying services, we also offer door repairs.
Can My Locks Be Rekeyed if I Have Lost the Keys?
For a fast rekey lock service in Toronto, you must have the key to open the door. If you don’t have such a key, to rekey the lock, it needs to be picked open and then rekeyed. However, sometimes a lock will not open, making it challenging to rekey. In this case, you will have to replace the whole lock. When you approach Safe-Guard Locksmiths Ltd., our professionals carry various locks you can purchase if this happens to be the case.
How Long Does It Take to Rekey Lock in Toronto?
At Safe-Guard Locksmiths Ltd., we can tackle every type of lock, including deadbolts, mortise locks, knob locks, lever locks, cabinet locks, mailbox locks, and more. We can rekey all the locks in your home in about 1 to 2 hours. While for businesses, it depends on the number of locks, the building’s size, and if a master key is required.
Safe-Guard Locksmiths Ltd. has been serving our customers in Toronto for over 20 years. You can rely on our experienced team for any locksmith issues.
Do you need a rekey lock system? Reach out to us.